Rotary International Philippines website terms and conditions of use
Last updated: 23 September 2011
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully.
Access to and use of the Rotary International Philippines website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing, using, or browsing the Site, Rotary International’s mobile sites and applications and any of the features of this Site, including but not limited to RSS, API, software and other downloads (collectively “Services”), you (“you,” “User,” and “Users”) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions and all terms, policies, guidelines, or other notices incorporated by reference, whether or not you are a member of a Rotary club, Interact club, or Rotaract club. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not use or access this Site.
Unless otherwise indicated, all of the content or information featured, contained, or displayed on this Site, including, but not limited to, design, text, articles, graphics, public service announcements, illustrations, photographs, images, data, video, moving images, sound, audio, music, software, applications, and the selection and arrangement thereof (“Site Content”) and trademarks and logos are the proprietary property of and owned and/or controlled by Rotary International, its licensors, or third-party partners, or used herein with permission and are legally protected, without limitation, under U.S. federal and state, as well as foreign, laws, regulations, and treaties. All elements of the Site, including the Site Content, are protected by copyright, trademark, moral rights, trade dress, and other laws relating to the protection of intellectual property.
Use of this Site, Site Content and Third-Party Materials
Provided that you are eligible to use this Site, you may access and use this Site and some of the Site Content solely for your personal, noncommercial use. User may download or print a single copy of Site Content for personal, noncommercial use, unless specifically prohibited, provided the User does not remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice contained therein. No other use is permitted by User without the prior written permission of RI, unless otherwise set forth below.
Unless particular materials are specifically restricted or restricted as noted on the Site, RI grants Rotary club, Interact club, and Rotaract club members (“Members”) only a nonexclusive license to copy, use and distribute Site Content provided the Member complies with all of the following conditions:
- The copies are used in a publication of a Rotary Entity (as defined in the Rotary Code of Policies);
- The copies are distributed only for the noncommercial educational or public policy purposes of promoting humanitarian service through RI;
- The particular article, photograph, text, document, public service announcement, graphic or Site Content is reproduced in its entirety and in its original form (you may not edit or otherwise change the substance of the content, or change or delete any copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices);
- No fee is charged for any copy or for access to Site Content. All commercial use of Site Content is prohibited; and
- Attribution notice for an article is given and takes one of the following forms:
- Print reproduction: “Title of article,” author, publication title , volume, issue, and date. “Copyright © (date as it appears in publication) Rotary International. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by permission.” (e.g., “It takes a global village to immunize a child,” by Sophia Dembling, The Rotarian , August 2008. Copyright © 2008 Rotary International. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by Permission.)
- Electronic reproduction: “Title of article,” author, publication title , volume, issue, and date. “Copyright © (date as it appears in publication) Rotary International. All Rights Reserved. Reproduced with permission.”
- Attribution notice for a book or other publication is given and takes the following form:
- Print reproduction: Title , author. “Copyright © (date as it appears in book or publication) Rotary International. Reprinted by permission.”
- Electronic reproduction: Title , author. “Copyright © (date as it appears in book or publication) Rotary International. Reproduced with permission.”
- Attribution notice for photograph is given and takes the following form: © Rotary International/ [Optional: Photographer’s Name]Some of the copyrights and other proprietary rights in the photographs, publications and audiovisual materials posted or contained on this Site may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, RI. You are responsible for obtaining permission to use such photographs, publications and audiovisual materials from the copyright owner. RI is not responsible for any claim, loss, or damage arising from any use of these materials.Other than as specifically described above, all Users are prohibited from:
- Downloading, copying, reproducing, distributing, displaying, republishing, storing, retransmitting, reposting, archiving, selling, or otherwise using the Site Content or the Site for other than personal use without prior written authorization from RI;
- All commercial uses of this Site and the Site Content;
- Using the Site or the Site Content other than for its intended purpose; and
- Manipulating or framing any trademark or logo of RI, the Site Content, or any portion of the Site.
Any User wishing to use any of the Site Content for publication or commercial use must request and receive prior written permission from RI, which is in RI’s sole discretion. Any unauthorized use of Site Content, including for commercial publication or exploitation, will violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other laws and applicable communications regulations or laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, those relating to the Internet, privacy, e-mail, and data when using this Site.
RI grants you a nonexclusive license to download software, including any files, images, or audio or video clips incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, “the Software”), from this Site for the purpose of using the materials on this Site. RI retains full title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein and does not transfer the title to you, and. You may not redistribute, sublicense, transfer, assign, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form. By downloading Software you will be subject to the terms and conditions of such Software.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos, including, but not limited to, “ROTARY,” “ROTARY CLUB,” “ROTARY INTERNATIONAL,” the ROTARY Emblem, “THE ROTARY FOUNDATION,” the TRF Logo, “TRF,” “ROTARIAN,” “INTERACT,” “INTERACT CLUB,” “ROTARACT,” “ROTARACT CLUB,” among numerous others (collectively the “Rotary Marks”), are the registered and common law trademarks of Rotary International. The Rotary Marks may not be copied or used, in whole or in part, by Users without the prior written permission of Rotary International, unless you are a member of a Rotary club, district, or other Rotary Entity and use the Rotary Marks according to RI guidelines for use of the Rotary Marks found in the Manual of Procedure . RI strongly encourages all Members to familiarize themselves with official RI guidelines for use of the Rotary Marks. For more information on the proper use of the Rotary Marks, please see the guidelines for the use of the Rotary Marks.
Any commercial use of the Rotary Marks must be officially licensed by Rotary International.
RI welcomes Rotary clubs and others to link to this Site. Links may resolve to the home page or to specific pages within this Site; and additionally:
- Links must lead to whole pages within the Site. Direct linking to partial pages or individual files (i.e., images, multimedia files, etc.) is not permitted.
- You may not use a Rotary International Philippinestrademark, other proprietary RI content, or Site Content to link to this Site.
- You may not frame any trademark or logo of RI, the Site, or any pages and files.
- Links to this Site should not assert or imply an endorsement by or affiliation with RI.
- RI reserves the right to withdraw permission for any link and to change this linking policy at any time.
Third-party Websites and Content
This Site may contain links to third-party websites, including social networking websites in which RI maintains a profile, resources and advertisers (“Linked Site” or “Linked Sites”). RI makes no claim or representations regarding and accepts no responsibility directly or indirectly for the quality, content, nature, or reliability of Linked Sites or websites linking to the Site. The Linked Sites are not under the control of RI, and RI has not reviewed the Linked Sites and is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, the privacy practices of the Linked Sites, the terms, conditions, or policies of the Linked Sites, or any changes or updates to Linked Sites, regardless of whether or not such Linked Sites are affiliated with RI. RI is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation or endorsement by RI, of any site or any information contained therein, or any company or any association with its operators. You should review any terms and policies of any site to which you navigate away from this Site; and your participation in and postings on any user forums of any Linked Site must comply with the terms and policies of any such Linked Site. Your participation in any promotions, correspondence, or dealings, including business dealings, with any third party found on or through the Site, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the third party and at your own risk. RI shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions, including any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort.
User Forums and User-Generated Content
This Site may include discussion forums, blogs, bulletin boards, message boards, other interactive areas or services, or other areas or services in which you post content, messages, comments, materials, etc. (collectively, “User Forums”). The information and opinions expressed in the User Forums are not those of RI or its affiliates, and RI makes no representations or warranties regarding such posted materials. You are entirely responsible for your use of any User Forums and use the User Forums at your own risk. Users should be aware that the Site’s User Forums are public, not private, communications. To protect your safety and privacy, please consider that when you voluntarily disclose personal information on User Forums, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited communications.
By placing, submitting, displaying, transmitting, and/or posting material or content on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, messages, comments, data, music, audio, photographs, images, graphics, animations, designs, ideas, video, sound recordings, other audio-visual content, code, or other material on or through the Site or Services (collectively, “User Content”), you acknowledge that such User Content may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted and displayed and you waive any rights you may have in having the User Content altered or changed in any manner not agreeable to you.
Each time you post or upload User Content, you confirm your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You are solely responsible for User Content that you post or provide on the Site and on third-party social networking Web sites in which RI maintains a profile. By posting any content on the Site and User Forums, you automatically agree to indemnify RI from and against any and all third-party claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your breach of these Terms and Conditions and these posting restrictions.
You shall NOT submit, upload, or post to the Site or User Forums any User Content that:
- Violates the law or anyone’s rights, including infringing the intellectual property rights, copyright, or trademark rights, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- Contains copyrighted music or images, which you do not own or have permission to use generally or on this Site;
- Libels, defames, or invades privacy rights of any third party or is unlawful;
- Contains images or sound recordings of identifiable persons;
- Contains the name, trademark, trade name, service mark, or logo of a third party that you do not have permission to use;
- Contains the name, logo, brand, service mark or trademark, or voice, likeness, or image of any person, firm, or enterprise for which you do not have the right to grant RI the right to use;
- Contains vulgar, profane, hateful, discriminatory language or expressions, or is obscene, pornographic, abusive, harmful, harassing, threatening, illegal or otherwise objectionable in the sole judgment of RI. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to Site;
- Violates or breaches any portion of these Terms and Conditions;
- Falsifies or deletes author attributions, legal notices, or other proprietary designations;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal, or international law, ordinance, rule, or regulation or the rights of any party;
- Advocates illegal activity;
- Contains viruses, corrupted files, or other materials that may cause damage to another’s computer;
- Would be degrading or bring discredit to the worldwide association of Rotary clubs, any Rotary club, or Rotarian, or subject any of them to public ridicule;
- Advertises or otherwise solicits funds, or promotes or offers for sale or trade any goods or services, except in areas of the Site specifically designated;
- Interferes with any third party’s use of this Site;
- Is or contains political campaigning, junk mail, spam, repetitive messaging chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations;
- Is inaccurate, false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- Contains any contact information or private information of any third party; and/or
- Uses or attempts to use a third party’s account or password.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- Collect contact information of other Users of the Site by electronic or other means for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited e-mails or other unsolicited communications;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with RI or any other person or entity;
- Solicit personal information from anyone, including those under 18, or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Upload or transmit viruses or other harmful files, materials, or code; and/or
- Interfere with or otherwise harm or violate the security of the Site, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or Linked Sites.
RI takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored, or uploaded by Users or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, including on any third party social networking Websites in which RI maintains a profile, nor is RI responsible or liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, obscenity, or pornography that exists on the Site, or third party social networking Websites in which RI maintains a profile, or that User may encounter. RI does not and is not obligated to, prescreen, review, monitor, or edit User Content and reserves the right to delete, move, remove, block, or refuse (without notice) any User Content in its sole discretion for any reason without notice, including User Content that in the sole judgment of RI violates these Terms and Conditions, is abusive, objectionable, offensive, illegal, otherwise unacceptable or may violate the rights or safety of others. RI does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of User Content. RI does not endorse or support any opinions expressed in any User Content or on any third party social networking Websites in which RI maintains a profile and makes no claim that User Forums or User Content is appropriate for any particular purpose or audience. All User Content is the sole responsibility of the person who provided it.
Any use of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and Conditions and may result, among other actions, in termination or suspension of your rights to use the User Forums and/or the Site. Any decision as to whether User Content violates these Terms and Conditions or RI’s posting rules will be made in RI’s sole discretion.
RI Mobile Services
This Site and some of the features and services available on this Site may be available via your mobile phone, including, but without limitation, the ability to browse Site and upload content from Site or to Site via your mobile phone. RI does not charge for these Mobile Services; however, your mobile carrier’s fees will apply. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that RI may communicate with you through text message or other electronic means via your mobile phone/device and that certain information about your usage of Mobile Services may be communicated to RI.
Contests and Promotions
RI may conduct promotions on or through the Site, including, without limitation, auctions, contests, promotions, and sweepstakes (“Promotion”). Each Promotion may have additional terms and rules that will be posted on the Site or otherwise made available to you and will be deemed incorporated into and form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Representations and Warranties
By placing, submitting, displaying, transmitting, and/or posting User Content on or through the Site or Services, you represent and warrant that:
1) you own all of the rights to User Content that you post or otherwise have all necessary rights to post such User Content and grant RI the right to use such User Content;
2) User Content and other materials submitted by you do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights;
3) User Content will not cause injury to any person or entity and does not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material; and
4) use and posting of User Content and other materials does not violate these Terms and Conditions. “Post” and “posting” mean to upload, post, transmit, share, store, link or otherwise make available on or through the Site. The term “User Content” also includes, without limitation, and refers to all of the information you submit or we may receive related to your submission.
Registration and Fees
You may be required to set up an account to use the Site or certain features or portions thereof. If required to register you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as required, to maintain and update such information, and to be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions or activities that take place using your account, including use by any third party authorized by you to use your account. Any fraudulent, abusive or otherwise illegal activity on this Site may be grounds for termination of your account or rights to use this Site, at RI’s sole discretion, and we may refer you to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Disclaimer and Limitations of Liability
The materials on this Site are provided solely for educational and promotional purposes. RI does not warrant that the Site will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the Site, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
USE AND BROWSING OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. RI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING ROTARY, THE CONTENT, ADVERTISING, INFORMATION PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE, AND/OR THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICE. RI HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS SITE, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
This Site contains facts, views, opinions, statements, and recommendations of third-party individuals and organizations, and RI does not represent or endorse the accuracy, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed on or through the Site. Any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or information is at your sole risk. RI is not responsible or liable in any manner for User Content or third-party content, materials, websites, or applications of third-party individuals and organizations (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”) posted on this Site or in connection with this Site, whether posted or caused by Users of the Site, RI, third parties, or any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Site or the service. RI is not responsible for the content, accuracy, availability, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, recommendations, privacy practices, or other policies applicable to such third-party materials, and RI cannot and does not guarantee that third-party materials will comply with the restrictions, conditions, or obligations that RI requires. If you use or access Third-Party Materials, you do so at your own risk.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RI BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR YOUR USE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE EQUIPMENT OR ACCESS DATA, YOUR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF CONTRIBUTIONS OR PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY LAW, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE,THE SITE CONTENT, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, WITH ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE EVEN IF RI OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING ITS USE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless RI and The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International, including their respective directors, trustees, officers, committees, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, assigns, third- party information providers, and representatives (“Rotary Indemnitees”) from and against all claims (including, claims of patent, trademark, and copyright infringement), demands, actions, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal expenses), awards, fines, and judgments asserted against or recovered from Rotary Indemnitees arising out of or resulting from any breach or violation by you or any user of your account, if applicable, of these Terms and Conditions or any representation or warranty contained herein, arising out of or related to any User Content that you post, store, or otherwise transmit on or through the Site, your use of or conduct on the Site or inability to use the Site, your unauthorized use of Site Content, or your violation of any rights of another. RI shall not be liable in any way for injuries to persons or damages to property incurred or suffered by you or any of your subcontractors, agents, heirs, successors or assigns, or any person related to you in any way.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable laws, RI has adopted a policy of removing or disabling access to User Content, and terminating the accounts of Users, in RI’s sole discretion, who infringe RI or third-party intellectual property rights.
This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Rotarians from the Philippines. You may not use this Site or export the Site Content, materials, information, or services on this Site in violation of International and Local export laws and regulations. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Change in the Terms and Conditions
RI may change, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions prior to each use of the Site and by continuing to use this Site, you agree to any changes in the Terms and Conditions, including, but not limited to, the provisions regarding liability, and all other provisions for which survival is equitable or appropriate.
Discontinuation of Service
RI may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of Site Content, User Forums and Services. RI may also impose limits on certain features or services or restrict your access to parts of or the entire Site without notice or liability. RI reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate and/or block your use of the Site. In the event of termination of your use of this Site for any reason, you agree that the following provisions of these Terms and Conditions will survive: limitations on your use of Site Content, copyright complaints, the license(s) you have granted to RI, warranties, disclaimers, indemnification, and limitation of liability.
These Terms and Conditions contain the complete agreement between you and RI with respect to your use of this Site, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, whether oral or written. You shall have no rights in or to RI’s proprietary property made available to you to use or access the Site. You may not sublicense, assign, or transfer any licenses granted to you by RI, and any attempt to sublicense, assign, or transfer shall be null and void. Any failure or delay of RI to enforce or exercise any provision of or its rights under these Terms and Conditions or related right shall not be deemed a waiver of those rights or provisions or a breach of these Terms and Conditions by RI. If any part of these Terms and Conditions shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified by you, in writing or otherwise, unless agreed to in a written document signed by RI.
For general questions, please use our Contact Form at: